My Blog List

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Interview with jonah

 I interviewed my friend Jonah on what was good and bad about this world. This is what he said:
Good- people who help other people; Friends; the idea of school (the opportunity to have an education).  
 Bad- poverty (people that don’t get an education); bad things that happen to good people; high school process.  
        I think that Jonah is right about the fact that people that help other is a good thing. It shouldn't be a good thing, though. It should be expected. Honestly people have become so busy these days that they can’t see the fact that someone needs help. We’re always in a hurry; we can’t notice many things because as time goes on so fast and we’re becoming self absorbed. Also, at this age friends are crucial. Everyone needs one friend or many friends that they count on. Because honestly, lets face it; life is lonely and miserable without friends. Jonah had said that he didn’t like school, but the idea of that he always can go back to it is important. I think that’s true but it’s also linked with the idea of friends. Normally school is to help you lean academically but also socially as well. This is where you meet your friends and you grow and prosper with them.
        To contradict that idea, he had listed the fact that because of poverty people may not get the opportunity of education. I think that’s true. In many places there aren't public schools and parents have nothing to pay for the education of their children. I kind of think that we take school for granted. For example: We go to 51 and we get such good education and pay nothing for most of the part. And 51 helps us to keep us ready for the future. Not everyone gets that. Jonah had also listed that bad things happen to good people. I think he was talking about a death of a classmate we just recently lost. It affected all of us in different ways. Sammy was a good kid from what I had known of him and I know he never deserved what happened to him. As eighth graders in New York City we have the pressure on us to go to high schools. Not any of us likes this. Every other city in the country just sends their children to the zoned school. We have to compete with millions of other kids. I do not think it’s fair. We don’t need all this pressure on us. But no one wants to hear us out.

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment